What is your voucher code?
SBMS mentor, Executive Company Director, Accountant in Medium Business, Manager of Technology
Dan has worked for several big businesses and currently he works in his family business that he established in 2003 (his son is currently the company Managing Director). He started his career as an electronics and telecommunications engineer then he became a software developer. More recently Dan studied accounting at university and after graduation joined CPA Program and Practice Management.
Back in 2002 Dan and his family relocated overseas for a work contract. When he returned home in Melbourne he decided to start his family business. He went on NEIS program (New Enterprise Incentive Scheme) then he established a project management and IT contracting company. Later on the company expanded to become an importer and retailer. Dan went through the experience to start and grow a successful business and now he masters the whole process.
Some of Dan's key areas of expertise he could help a small / medium business with are:
- strategy: markets, collaborations, efficiency, innovation
- governance: systems, rules, controls, accountability, ethics, risk management, compliance
- accounting: cashflow, business finance, business planning, business controls, relationships with government agencies
- online: websites, electronic communications, marketing
- business systems running in the cloud: Google office suite, business applications
- software development and R&D: reporting / monitoring, Internet software integration, business process management
Some of Dan’s more recent work:
- 2009-present. Executive Director, Accounting and IT for a medium size retailer, wholesaler and importer.
- 2007-2008. Java Middleware Team Leader (Associate) for a large investment banking company.
- 2003-2007. Senior Java Software Developer (Independent contractor) for a large retail group.
- 2000-2001. IT Software Architect and Developer (Independent contractor) for a large stock broker.
- Professional Accountant Assoc. CPA
- Graduate Diploma in Accounting, Monash University
- Certificate IV in Small Business Management, Box Hill Institute
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology / Software Development, Monash University
- Master of Engineering Electronics and Telecommunications, Politehnica University of Bucharest