What is your voucher code?
Project management, community projects and retail freelancing for publications including the Australian Financial Review.
Maggie’s career in tourism, creative projects and writing has been long, varied and successful. Her previous positions include:
- April 2006-May 2012. Project Director,Pier Pavilion Building, Cardiff, UK. Concept and management of all aspects of the project with emphasis on fund raising, publicity and marketing towards redevelopment of £4 million refurbishment working with a range of funders and government bodies. Worked closely with conservation architects, local authority, technical advisors and events hire and tourism specialists.
- July 1996-May 2012. Gallery Director, Washington Gallery, Cardiff, UK. Ran all business aspects of operations, dealing with suppliers, appointing and managing staff, trend forecasting. Managed interactions with clients, ensuring professional relations and building loyal customer following. Worked with staff on marketing and publicity campaigns and briefed website and graphic designers. Drew up contracts for design copyright for artists being represented at the gallery.
- April 1993-July 1995. Co-ordinator, Stamford Cultural Tours, Stamford, UK. Organised all arrangements for tourists visiting several venues around the Midlands of Britain. Ensured all paperwork collated and tracked potential leads.
- April 1984-July 1995. Freelance Journalist and Feature Writer, Good Housekeeping Australia, Melbourne, Australia, writing monthly features on gardening and giving advice on household matters. Visiting homes and gardens within whole Melbourne area.
- Mentor Go Wales Graduate Scheme (UK)
- Membership Australian Journalists Association
- Bachelor of Arts (SU)
- Member of ISEPICH (Community & Health)
- Member Cardiff Business Club (UK)