I want to select a Mentor that can help with...
What is your voucher code?
Would you like to book with Jeremy?
Jeremy has skills and experience developed over a 45 year career in both small and large business. He is an excellent communicator and will help businesses fine tune their messages and reach new customers. He has skills in managing all aspects of businesses and is passionate about making them grow.
- Web & Online Marketing-
- Administrative and support services-
- Education and training-
- Electricity, gas, water and waste services-
- Financial and insurance services-
- Information media and telecommunications-
- Professional, scientific and technical services-
- Public administration inc. Government relationships-
- Tourism, hospitality, accommodation and food services-
- Rental, hiring and real estate services-
- Arts and recreation services-
- Melbourne CBD-
- Melbourne East-
- Melbourne North-
- Melbourne North West-
- Melbourne West-
- Melbourne South-
- Melbourne South East-
Mentoring available by:
- By Phone and online
SBMS Mentor, Stone & Chalk Mentor, Centre for Multicultural Youth Mentor and on the management board for Alamain Neighborhood and Learning Centre.
I am an experienced leader with communication, business management, people management, product management and mentoring skills developed over a career of 45 years. I bring a focus on delivering innovation through planning, design and implementation that leads to business success. I am passionate about making technology work for people and have played a part in the PC revolution, the rise of the Internet, the explosion in mobile computing and workplace transformation. I founded and successfully ran my own Internet start-up. I am experienced as an editor and writer with a best-selling book about the Internet. I have developed web sites and online businesses and have SEO experience. But in summary, my super power is communication.
Ability to found and lead a start-up
- Capability to found and run a small company
- Ability to motivate and guide staff
- Experience in hiring and managing resources to business priorities
- Produced much innovative content including Australia’s first online soap opera.
Effective influencing and communication
- Capacity to communicate effectively with and to influence people from different cultures
- Ability to operate at all levels within an organisation, working with all sorts of stakeholders
- Familiarity working with a wide range of external groups including clients, customers, partners, analysts and press
- Understanding and empathy with stakeholder’s position and ability to build consensus on required changes
- Proven ability to articulate clear messages
- Skilled workshop facilitator
- Skilled interviewer.
Effective written and verbal communication
- Journalist and editor on major daily newspaper (The Australian)
- Journalist and editor on IT specialist publications (PC Week, Australian PC User, LAN Magazine)
- Best selling author (The Australian Internet Book).
Technology driven transformation
- Experience and skill in working as a consultant in strategy, planning and design
- Ensure business and IT activities are well planned around innovation leading to real business results
- Work collaboratively with clients to identify their business needs and opportunities and respond in innovative ways.
Customer Centric Focus
- Experience in user segmentation and persona development
- Experience in user centred design
- Experience in working with customer at all different levels of sophistication.
Product Development and Management skills
- Developed products using the value proposition canvas
- Managed products and services through their full lifecycle
- Revised products to proactively ensure their match to current and future market conditions
- Developed streamlined and easy to use products and services that meet customer needs
- Managed a portfolio of products with other product managers reporting to me
- Worked with marketing team on product positioning and providing a compelling customer proposition
- Prepared to challenge orthodoxy to seek better innovation in order to deliver business value
- Designed and delivered training on selling and delivering products.
Key Business Achievements:
Founder Tech Talk Australia: Founded and ranan Internet start-up that reached a turn-over of $2 million with 25 staff. That company was bought by Com Tech Communications giving each of the founders share options in what became Dimension Data.
Australian Internet Book: Co-wrote The Australian Internet Book which sold over 70,000 copies of its first edition. This book provided a way for many Australian consumers to understand and use the Internet for the first time.
Product Management: Researched, planned, developed and managed a suite of products at a global level that led to over $US50 million in revenue and added additional business worth more than $US200 million.
Advisor August 2020 - Present (Alamein Neighbourhood and Learning Centre)
Mentor June 2019 - Present
Freelance Consultant May 2018 - Present
Dimension Data Group Consulting Director Sept 2015 – May 2018
End-user Computing Group Consulting Practice Director Sept 2010 – Sept 2015
Managing Consultant (Melbourne) June 2005 – Sept 2010
Senior Consultant (Melbourne) Feb 2001 - June 2005
Customer Engagement Manager (Sydney) May 1997 – Feb 2001
Tech Talk Australia Founder and director 1992- 1997
News Ltd Editor The Australian Computers and High Technology section 1990 -1992
Australian Consolidated Press Editor PC Week, LAN Magazine, PC User 1985 – 1990
Australian Tax Office Programmer, Manager 1979 - 1985
- AICD Company Directors Certificate
- Design Thinking In Business
- ITIL Practitioner
- Leading SAFe 4.0 with SA Certification (SA) - SAFe Scaled Agile
- TOGAF 9 Certified
- Personal Effectiveness and Team Leadership
- Signature Selling Methodology