I want to select a Mentor that can help with...
What is your voucher code?
Director of Nordical Diving Services & Director of Nordical Underwater Inspections
Margie is a multi-skilled, highly organised and hard-working team player who purchased her first business at the age of 22. This rundown single person operation quickly became the catalyst to a lifetime of running and owning many other businesses in various retail and industrial sectors.
She has also previously been a teacher within the TAFE sector for over 12 years, whilst raising a family and developing a very successful small business with her husband over the past 20 years. Margie has also held positions in many community organisations including Victorian Women on Water, Riding for Disabled, Churchill Primary School Council President, Latrobe City Micro & Home Business Network, Latrobe City Ministerial Taskforce Small and Business Network Action Program Plan.
Margie has a passion for helping small, rural businesses and has been privately mentoring for many years. Her eye for detail and enthusiasm to tackle just about anything have seen a number of her mentored businesses win both customer and industry awards.
She makes no secret of the fact that she is completely industry trained and only completed year 11 at secondary school, but in saying that, she has always had a sharp business brain and a "will not fail" attitude that she has lived and worked by. She knows first hand the pressures of setting up and running a small business has on all aspects of your life and works hard at providing her clients with strategies and planning mechanisms to minimize the impact this has on the physical and mental well being of all involved within a business.
Margie has herself been a avid user of varying mentors her whole life and truly believes this is a vital component in keeping fresh, minimizing problems and keeping your feet on the ground. The world in which we live is changing at such a rapid rate that it is vital we keep ourselves exposed to new ideas and systems that can be vital to a businesses success and longevity..
· 1996 to present. As Administration Manager/Director, Margie oversees the day to day operations of Nordical Diving Services & Nordical Underwater Inspections, which caters for industry specific clients throughout 5 states of Australia. She manages the team schedule & logistics, ensures corporate compliance and is constantly resourcing & upgrading innovative technologies to keep abreast of their competition. This lead her company to win 2014 Gippsland Business Awards for Services-Business & Professional.
· 2002-2012. Margie established and maintained Clara Gove Waterfront Apartment in Lakes Entrance, a 4.5 star premier holiday apartment property. This business had to be started from scratch, developing a market place and maintaining it. This is where Margie's eye for attention to detail really came into it's own and it was run as a highly successful and constantly sort after location until it was sold in 2012.
· 2004-2012. An opportunity arose in 2004 for Margie to establish a partnership in Alfresh2go café & Juice bar in Morwell. This was always going to be a challenge due to partnership issues and the retail down turn of the Morwell area. This business, which seated 82 customers in any one sitting, grew from humble beginnings to a highly successful and respected establishment due to sound and strong business practices and ethics. More than one point of difference was established from our competition, new & innovative foods offered, consistently even seasonal cash flow maintained, new markets sourced and constant staff members retained. This business was sold in 2012 and many of the original staff are still working there today,
· 1985-1997. Margie was contracted by Central Gippsland Tafe to teach Hairdressing Apprentices and Beauty Therapy short courses. She maintained a salon classroom environment for up to 20 students at a time whilst adhering to the strict guidelines pre-set by the governing body. Her skills in this area lead her to working on TV mini series and local productions.
· 1981-2002 After completing her hairdressing Apprenticeship Margie bought her first salon at the age of 22. She spent a long and very happy career buying and selling many salons and other small businesses over the next few decades whilst raising a family and pursuing other interests.
- Qualified Ladies/Mens Hairdresser
- Train the Trainer.
- Myob & Reckon Trained