I want to select a Mentor that can help with...
What is your voucher code?
Would you like to book with René?
With 40 years’ experience in a range of industries locally and internationally, René can help you save or improve your business based on his experience and success in business turnarounds, strategic/business planning and cash management, operational/marketing/administration, business performance assessment, 'health' and business administration problems, profit improvement, cost reductions, cash control, financial management, simple reporting systems, time management and staff communication and organisation. René has also mentored fabric design, rubber, plastics, automotive, cleaning, cosmetics, photography, electrical, furniture and tourism businesses.
- Public administration inc. Government relationships-
- Retail trade-
- Wholesale trade-
- Education and training-
- Financial and insurance services-
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and rural-
- Central VIC-
- Melbourne CBD-
Mentoring available by:
- In Person, Face to Face in (Victoria) or by Phone and online
SBMS Mentor and Board Member
René is a dynamic manager with a 40-year history of using his excellent people management skills to attain profit improvement via sustainable cost reduction, restructuring and business development/marketing and identifying spare/redundant assets and their profitable and timely disposal. Since 1974 he had worked at CEO/board level and liaised with all levels of government, the public service and unions. He also has extensive experience in Europe, Scandinavia, Asia, America and Australasia. For more than 20 years, René operated as a self-employed contractor at chief executive level.
René holds Honours Degrees in Applied Science and Chemical Engineering from the University of Queensland plus a Master of Business Administration from Melbourne University.
His career highlights include:
- Reduction of annual costs (by $5 million), 35 retrenchments and re-siting of the main facility for Australia's largest packaging ink organisation.
- Professionalisation/strategic plan preparation and implementation for the country's largest independent manufacturer of personal/household cleaning products.
- Preparing a five year plan for Australia's most successful natural skin-care company
- Restructuring program formulation and implementation at a major steel company subsidiary.
- Reducing costs by $6 million per annum and inventory reductions of 50 per cent at Victoria's largest bovine hide processor.
- The complete turnaround and preparation for privatisation of Tasmania's loss-making rail freight system, including streamlining its asset base and selling $4 million in assets.
- Restructuring/relocation of a major industrial fan manufacturing and marketing company.
- The professionalisation and profitable expansion of the leading producer of roadsweeping/garbage/recycling systems and Australia's only producer of vitreous-enamel bathroom ware.
- Similar successes in the packaging Industry.
All roles involved substantial cost-cutting, product range expansion/rationalisation, output boosts, significant personnel reductions and redundant asset disposal without material disruptions to operations.
- BSc App (Hons) from the University of Queensland
- MBA from Melbourne University
- BE (Chem) Hons from the University of Queensland