I want to select a Mentor that can help with...
What is your voucher code?
Ilona’s many and varied business activities include: Owner: Murphy's Paw. Purchased an existing dog grooming business, based in Port Melbourne and established professional credentials in the marketplace by changing corporate profile and launching a communication strategy. Owner: Focus plus Consulting. Established September 2002. Work with a breadth of clients (from micro, start-up businesses to large, established businesses) to establish and grow their business or take the next step in their life cycle phase. Projects have included: • Coach small businesses – clients include retailers, service providers and manufacturers, numbering more than 500. • Teach Diploma and Advanced Diploma business subjects, Certificate IV business subjects. • Teach / lecture in China. • Development various curriculum, including integrated training programs at Diploma level. • Facilitate Strategic and Business Plan development with a variety of businesses (medium-size). • Secure Government funding for key client initiatives. • Project management of set-up of retail outlets for major government-linked organisation. • Facilitation and brainstorming – designed to identify key opportunities and steps needed to maximise these. • Conduct market research. • Mentor a variety of programs, including NEIS, Artists in Business, Women in Business, Business Breakthrough, Skilling Small Business, Slingshot, etc.
Sept 2002 - Present Business Coach: focus plus Consulting
- Coach more than 500 small businesses include retailers, service providers and manufacturers. Develop strategies to maximise opportunities and business potential.
- Development and delivery of certified training programs for Victoria University, AMES, Kangan and private RTOs and business organisations.
- Project management and business stimulation projects for Victorian Department of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development, Eastlink and LGAs.
- Counselling small businesses with the Small Business Mentoring Service, Packaged Liquor, Newsagent and Garden Nursery industries and programs including NEIS, Artists in Business, Women in Business, Business Breakthrough, Skilling Small Business, Slingshot, etc.
Dec 2012 - Present Owner: Murphy's Paw
A business coaching case study
- Voted top dog grooming salon three years in a row
- Success has come from addressing operational issues, reliable and efficient service delivery, rebranding the business and focusing on cost efficient strategies.
2006 - Present Trainer: Victoria University and Kangan Institute
- Delivery of Diploma Management and Marketing in China (most recently, online delivery to 300+ students).
- Development and delivery of integrated Dip and Advanced Dip programs within Hospitality and Hairdressing Management
- Delivery of NEIS program, Frontline Management, Management, Business Planning, etc.
2017 - 2020 Trainer / Head Coach: Original Campus / Insight Academy
- Start up RTOs.
- Managed development, delivery, improvement and compliance of integrated Diploma Management programs.
2004 - 2012 Executive Officer: Docklands Chamber of Commerce
- Developed and implemented initial strategic three-year plan aimed at establishing reputation, membership numbers and funding. Managed plan rollover each year and secured government funding.
- Set up New Balance marketing department, developed marketing / communication strategy in Australia and NZ
- Researched, developed and launched skin care range into FMCG
- FMCG Category management, including launch and new product development
- Established new brand as Number 1 in market, increased market share from 12 to 18% and launched new products in medical consumables market
- Focused training and development yielded 20% compound growth
As a coach: initiative-taking, results-oriented and motivated, with a proven track record in developing business concepts, growth and consolidation strategies, project management and development of efficient teams.
As a teacher / trainer / mentor: solid appreciation of participant needs and development. Development and delivery of appropriate programs is a passion.
As a business owner: instilling leadership and personal development in staff, enabling each to take ownership of their roles for maximum productivity.
- Cert IV Training and Assessment
- Cert of Coach and Mentor Practice
- Bachelor of Business (Management)
- Internal Auditor (ISO9002) - VECCI
- Train the Trainer - MTE