What is your voucher code?
Ilona’s many and varied business activities include: Owner: Murphy's Paw. Purchased an existing dog grooming business, based in North Melbourne and regained professional credentials in the marketplace by changing corporate profile and launching a communication strategy. Owner: Focus plus Consulting. Established September 2002. Work with a breadth of clients (from micro, start-up businesses to large, established businesses) to establish and grow their business or take the next step in their life cycle phase. Projects have included: • Coach small businesses – clients include retailers, service providers and manufacturers, numbering more than 300. • Train Diploma and Advanced Diploma business subjects, Certificate IV business subjects. • Teaching / lecturing in China. • Development of Certificate IV and Diploma training programs. • Facilitate Strategic and Business Plan development with a variety of businesses (medium-size). • Secure Government funding for key client initiatives. • Project management of set-up of retail outlets for major government-linked organisation. • Training – tailored workshops and training sessions for a variety of teaching, not for profit and business organisations. • Facilitation and brainstorming – designed to identify key opportunities and steps needed to maximise these. • Conduct market research. • Mentor a variety of programs, including NEIS, Artists in Business, Women in Business, Business Breakthrough, Skilling Small Business, Slingshot, etc.
Feb–May 2002. SIDS and Kids Victoria: Contract.Reviewed and co-ordinated the national 2002 Red Nose Day campaign. Reviewed and developed strategies to improve the position and cash flow of SIDS and Kids. Gained new major sponsor and retained past sponsors for Red Nose Day. Managed the development and co-ordination of door knock campaign for Red Nose Day, resulting in a saving of over 40 per cent on last year. Prepared grant submissions, resulting in $20k funding. Reviewed historical campaigns and established trials of new initiates.
· 2004 - 2012. Docklands Chamber of Commerce: Executive Officer. Reporting to the Management Committee. Development and implementation of strategic three year plan, encompassing funding, marketing, operations, governance and overall management of a NFP organisation.
· April 2000–May 2001. New Balance Australia: Marketing Manager. Reporting to General Manager, Australia & New Zealand. Management of four professional staff – Apparel Merchandiser, Sponsorship and Events Manager, Production Coordinator and Marketing Co-ordinator.
· Nov 1998–Dec 1999. Chubpak Australia Pty Ltd: Marketing Manager.Reporting to Governing Director (Owner). Responsible for Market Analyst and Brands Manager. Chair of Marketing Steering Committee. Member of Margin Management Project Group.
· Nov 1996–July 1998 (Contract). Cussons Pty Ltd: Category Manager. Project Manager of team of 12, including suppliers and creative teams. Managed a Marketing Cadet for 12 weeks. Introduced a fifth core category by developing and launching Cussons NATURAL CARE Facial Skin Care products within the Australian FMCG and Pharmacy skin care market.
· July 1996–Nov 1996 (Contract). Cussons Pty Ltd: Category Manager – Laundry.Reporting to the Marketing Director, employed on a four-month contract to ‘care-take’ the Laundry Category. Implemented launch plan for Liquid Radiant, including production of TVC, sachet sampling campaign and Brandpower campaign. Identified need, developed concept, issued R&D brief and developed product development plan for Radiant Pure.
· Feb 1986–March 1996. Coloplast Pty Ltd: Various roles. Danish publicly listed company dealing in medical consumable products – ostomy (Government funded), incontinence and wound care (primarily hospitals) and external breast prosthesis (retail).
· Jan 1995–March 1996: Business Support Manager. Reporting to General Manager, liaised directly with Marketing and Sales teams to implement efficient sales and marketing strategies aimed at maximising business efficiencies. Developed sales and marketing management information systems to determine effectiveness of sales effort and to enable strategic sales focus. Advised current business practices, recommend and implement programs in conjunction with functional management to maximise efficiencies. Wrote Employee Manual to QA standards. Training at all levels of organisation.
· June 1991–Jan 1995: National Sales Manager. Reporting to General Manager, manage the Coloplast Sales Team to maximise sales growth and achieve budgeted dollar turnover. Achieved agreed annual budgets via sales team, (average 20 per cent compounding growth). Developed and implemented self-assessment training program and incentive scheme. Developed, implemented and monitored a Cultural Change program.
· Nov 1987-June 1991: Marketing Manager. Reporting to Divisional General Manager, developed and implement effective and profitable marketing campaigns for a medical disposable range of products within the institutional market.
· Feb 1986-Nov 1987: Product Manager. Reporting to Divisional Manager, responsible for CONVEEN range of male incontinence products. Introduced ‘cost in use’ evaluations throughout hospitals to prove efficacy of product. Developed a consumer-targeted campaign. Over time, expanded the responsibility portfolio to include the COMFEEL wound and skin care range of products.
· Nov 1984-Nov 1985. IOOF of Victoria, Melbourne. Product Manager.Marketing IOOF Building Society, Travel Agency, Health and General insurance and a range of investment plans. Total turnover $15m, A&P $1m.
· Feb-Nov 1984. Cahill Media Group, Albury: Media/Promotions Manager.Within set budgets, develop/implement advertising, research and promotional campaigns.
· Aug 1982-Feb 1984. Cussons Pty Ltd, Richmond: Product Manager.Marketing a range of soap andsanitary protection products, including Imperial Leather and Tampax, to achieve maximum gross profit. Total turnover $18.4m, A&P budget of $4.4m.
· June 1979-Aug 1982. Uncle Ben's of Australia, Wodonga: National Sales Clerk.
Jan 1978-June 1979. Intanat Pty Ltd, Wodonga: Export Clerk
- Cert IV Training and Assessment
- Cert of Coach and Mentor Practice
- Bachelor of Business (Management)
- Internal Auditor (ISO9002) - VECCI
- Train the Trainer - MTE