I want to select a Mentor that can help with...
What is your voucher code?
Would you like to book with Amie?
I am a dual qualified solicitor and Chartered Accountant.
I have consulted ASX-listed companies and SMEs in regulatory compliance and risk management and advised in areas of law including Franchise Law, Business Law, Contract Law, Privacy Law, Consumer Law, and dispute resolution. Prior to practising law, I was a chartered accountant specialising in turnaround strategies and insolvency.
I am a business owner and an entrepreneur.
I am a member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
I am passionate about all things business, from grass roots operational issues to high level economic and political policy and reforms impacting SMEs and a prolific advocate for small medium business through representation in various forums including the Brisbane Inner West Chamber of Commerce, Chamber of Commerce & Industry Queensland (CCIQ) and State and Local Government.
- Financial and insurance services-
- Web & Online Marketing-
Mentoring available by:
- In Person, Face to Face in (Queensland) or by Phone and online
I am the founder and Legal Practice Director of Morgan Mac Lawyers, which specialises in Commercial Law, Business Law, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution with a focus on the franchising sector. Our clientele are SMEs.
Bank of Queensland Limited (now ME Bank)
Queensland Teachers Credit Union Limited (now RACQ Bank)
- Consulted executives on complex regulatory compliance and strategies to mitigate legal and reputational risks.
- Consulted all levels of management on regulatory reforms, and policy development.
- Consulted all levels of management on regulatory requirements pertaining to Financial Services Regulation, Privacy Law, Franchising, Corporate Law, Business Law, Commercial Law, and dispute resolution and operational implementation.
- Experience and working knowledge of industry, sector and government broad policy direction and engaging with stakeholders to influence regulatory and policy reforms.
- Advocating for small business at State and Local Government forums.
- Experience in public relations, marketing and sales.
KPMG & Ferrier Hodgson
- Consulted executives and all levels of management on all aspects of the business from planning, budgeting to reporting to ensure optimum return to all stakeholders.
- Strategic development and implementation of all facets of running a business from people, compliance, risk management, financial performance to liquidity.
- Establishing internal controls, procedures and processes, and financial and other key metrics and benchmarks to measure desired financial outcomes.
- Monitoring financial performance to align to strategies and to meet financial forecasts, budgets and expected returns set by internal and external stakeholders.
- Advising executives and senior management of corporations under administration on optimised turnaround and exit strategies.
- Reporting to external regulatory authorities.
Education and qualifications
- Bachelor of Business (Accountancy), Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
- Bachelor of Economics, University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Laws, QUT
- Master of Law (Commercial Law), QUT
- Bachelor of Business (Accountancy)
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Laws
- Master of Law (Commercial Law)