What is your voucher code?
Semi-retired SBMS mentor and board member on a number of arts associations. Works with HIV infected children in Asia and volunteers with arts groups.
Phil is experienced in running small and medium businesses, both kitchen and front of house management.
- 1993-2016. General Manager/licensee, University House Club Inc., a private licensed club at Melbourne University. Facilities include an a la carte restaurant, fully licensed bar and lounges, large wine take-away and delivery service, large and small function operation (from 4-400) in eight function rooms.
- 1992-1993. Catering and Functions Manager, The University of Melbourne, Student Union.
- 1986 -1991. Full time Lecturer, Certificate and Diploma in licensing law, restaurant operations, cellar operations, function operations and club operations at Box Hill Institute.
- 1986-1991. Part time Lecturer in restaurant and bar operations and licensing law at Footscray Institute (Victoria University).
- 1980-1987. Managing Partner at Sweetmans Bistro, Richmond, a 100-seat licensed bistro. Sold in 1987 as a successful business when the other partners moved overseas.
- 1976-1982. Catering Manager for large catering and function operation for RMIT Melbourne. Responsible for all catering outlets, staffing and functions operations.
- 1974-1976. Assistant Manager, Monash University Halls of Residence.
Managed catering services for residents and outside function catering.
- 1968-1971. Apprentice Chef (completed), Commodore Hotels, Melbourne.
- Qualified Chef
- Diploma of Hotel and Catering Operations
- Diploma of Teaching
- Diploma of Opera and Music Theatre
- Working with Children Check
- Liquor Licensing