What is your voucher code?
Legal Consultant, Plexus Services Pty Ltd. Providing legal, company secretarial, corporate governance and risk management services on a contracting/consulting basis.
· 1981-1982. Employee solicitor, Nankin & Shaw.
· 1982-1987. Legal Counsel, Australian Directory Services (Yellow Pages). Sole legal counsel responsible for all legal matters and liaising with external law firms. Managed debt collection and was a member of the Crisis Management Committee.
· 1988-1989. Assistant Group Company Secretary and General Counsel, Australia Wide Group of Companies. Assistant Group Company Secretary for 11 ASX listed public companies. Sole legal counsel responsible for handing all legal matters and liaising with external law firms.
· 1989-1991. Company Secretary and General Counsel, McKay Australia Limited. Legal and company secretarial services for Australia and New Zealand. Directed and implemented risk management and compliance programs. Oversaw legal budget. Managed the company’s national lease portfolio.
· 1993-1994. Manager, Companies Department (Victoria), Australian Stock Exchange Limited. Directed 12 staff including support, legal and accountants. Administered the ASX Listing Rules for companies operating in Victoria. Facilitated the new listing of companies on the ASX and assisted with equity raising. Senior member of the ASX National Listing Committee.
· 1994-200. Company Secretary and Senior Legal Counsel, Heinz Watties Australasia. Provided legal and company secretarial services for Australian and New Zealand. Directed and implemented risk management and compliance programs in the SOPAC region. Oversaw the legal budget. Managed the company’s national lease portfolio.
· 2000-2002. Managing Director, Irvail Holdings Pty Ltd. Established management consultancy providing legal, company secretarial, compliance and financial management services for companies including Australian Outback Medical Services Pty Ltd, City of Melbourne, Contango Asset Management Limited and CGU Insurance Limited.
· 2003-2010. General Counsel and Company Secretary, CEVA Logistics – South Pacific. Legal and company secretarial services for Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific region. Among other things oversaw the legal budget and contractual negotiations and managed the national lease portfolio.
· 2010-2011. General Counsel and Company Secretary, Loscam Limited. Covered legal, company secretarial, risk management requirements throughout Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia. Managed external adviser relationships and handled global corporate governance/compliance program.
· 2011-2013. Pacific Contracts Manager, Honeywell Limited. Negotiated complex service contracts within the resource and utilities sectors. Advised on contracting policies and processes. Provided contract management and related training.
· 2014-2015. Contracts Manager & Divisional Counsel – APAC, Integraph Corporation Pty Ltd. Negotiated and drafted customer, service provider, consultant and contractor contracts in the Asia Pacific region. Advised on contracting policies and processes, assisted with analysing contractual and commercial risk and established an APAC region risk management protocol.
- Currently completing the Australian Company Directors Course – Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Associate, Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- Member, Law Institute of Victoria, Australian Institute of Company Directors and Australian Corporate Lawyers’ Association.
- Various Continuing Legal Education conferences and seminars
- Various internal management courses and international training and taskforce memberships
- Company secretaries conferences/training courses (Melbourne)
- Senior management development program (Mt Eliza, Melbourne)
- Advanced level crisis/issues management training
- Master of Business Administration, RMIT
- Executive Development Year (EDY), Institute of Company Secretaries
- Graduate Diploma in Commercial Law, Monash University
- Graduate Diploma in Business, Warner Institute
- Bachelor of Laws, The University of Melbourne